What a pleasant surprise to be nominated for the Liebster Award by one of my blogger bestie’s Bree at Unodoli Adventures. I won’t do a long introduction just cause I’m excited to answer these questions because they’re actually really great questions.
To keep this award going, as I understand it, I must nominate other **NEW** bloggers and ask a few questions of my own that the nominees must answer and then nominate other bloggers and so on and so forth. Ok so let’s hop right into it shall we.
1. As a mother what are some of the biggest challenges you face?
I believe that it takes a village to raise a child. My greatest challenge is finding that village. People of this society are such individualist or so it seems. Everybody wants their “own” stuff. Stuff that is usually materialistic in nature. Stuff with essentially zero intrinsic value. I crave that village to teach me and my children things we don’t know, things we have not been exposed to, things that will help us grow mentally and spiritually.
2. What are some of the biggest rewards of being a mom?
Inspiration is the greatest reward of motherhood for me. The things that our society teach us we should care about in this capitalist, consumerist society. . .I could not care less. It’s highly frustrating that I have to go along to get along to be honest. I detest this way of life and my children inspire me to do all that I can to remove myself from it because I don’t want them to have to be caught up in it if they do not desire to be.
3. What is one of your goals you are working towards right now?
I am working on so many goals right now. I am an entrepreneur and every entrepreneur knows that you never place all your eggs in one basket. However, the purpose of all of the things that I’m working on is the single goal of merging motherhood, career, and life into a singular fluid motion. The entire division of going to work, while your children go to school, then taking vacation and days off to live your life is just plain counter productive. I’m educated enough to educate my own children even better than these schools can actually because I know my child. I’m resourceful enough to generate my own income.This is essentially my only goal in this life.
4. What is your favorite/most popular blog post (link please)
My favorite blog post is my self-love birthday post and happens to be one of my most popular post. Who knew people were that interested in me. It has been a long journey to self-love in truth. I feel empowered that I can talk about it.
5. Name a time you were proud of yourself
When I said I would move to Houston, I made a decision, I put together a plan, all the odds were against me. I had no job, no place to live, no family in Houston; I was pretty much going out on a limb. I just knew I didn’t like where I was and to change that I just had to decide where I wanted to be. I made that decision despite so many people who gave very valid reasons to be against it. I walked by faith alone and here I stand. *snap* *snap* Against all odds; with my two kids, by my gaddamn self. Yes! I am indeed proud. I am proud of myself everyday these days. I know where I was; I see where I am and Oh, the places I will go.
6. Where would you most like to travel?
I want to go travel to Africa; the beaches of Mozambique look so beautiful in the photos.
7. Something nerdy/odd about yourself…
I find nothing odd about me, just to clarify. But one thing that others find odd about me is that I have a strong preference of being alone and that I change my mind like the wind changes direction but it’s ok because in doing so, I never cause harm to others or myself.
8. Something you know that you wish more people knew
All of the answers are inside you. You came from the Divine and you brought all of the knowledge of the Universe with you. Just sit still for awhile, be quiet, and listen.
9. What is the weather like where you are right now?
Warm and cloudy. . .but I can’t be sure. I’m just looking out the window.
10. What are your plans for the summer?
Prepare to take this GRE. . .may the Universe be with me.
That concludes my answers to the questions asked by Bree.
I nominate the following individual bloggers and I hope you will participate.
- What is the last book or publication you read and what did it teach you?
- What do you think about online dating?
- What is the significance of your blog title?
- Who has been the greatest inspiration to your life?
- What do you believe is your purpose in this life?
- What is the greatest character flaw a person could have?
- What is your learning style visual, auditory, or kinesthetic?
- Who are three other bloggers you follow and why?
- What is your dream career?
- What is the latest excuse you’ve made and why?
I enjoyed this. Thanks for the nomination.